Building Capacity for Developing, Implementing, and Evaluation the Family Health and Wellness Coalition's Community Health Improvement Plan for Social, Environmental, and Behavioral Change
This project will
1. Provide an assessment instrument of best change processes that will be implemented by the partnership, analyze results, and provide a partnership improvement report.
2. Develop and deploy a Community Health Improvement Process Community Check Box (CHIP CCB) Evaluation System to monitor and evaluate implementation of the Community Health Improvement Plan.
3. Provide training/consultation to designated staff in technical use of the CHIP CCB including capturing and coding activities, characterizing their contribution, and using the information and graphs to communicate accomplishments.
4. Provide quality management of monthly data entry in the CHIP CCB through regular feedback meetings or reports to staff determined by quality of entries.
5. Provide quarterly capacity building workshops during year 1 and twice during year 2.
6. Facilitate quarterly sense-making sessions with staff and stakeholders on what can be seen in the pattern of accomplishments, what it means, and implications for quality improvement.
7. Provide consultation/ training to staff on using integrated Community Tool Box resources (especially CTB Toolkits, CTB Troubleshooting Guides) for capacity building related to implementation of the CHIP plan.
8. Maintain the Community Check Box Evaluation System (and related CHIP Workstation) for use by the team to monitor, evaluate, and support implementation of the CHIP plan.
Jerry Schultz, Ph.D.
KU Work Group for Community Health and Development
Dole Human Development Center Rm 4082
1000 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66045