Matthew Mayo, Ph.D
Dr. Mayo's statistical methodological research interests include clinical trial and experimental design along with robust regression and linear models. His major collaborative research interests include exercise and obesity along with cancer and cancer prevention.
1. Mayo MS and Gray JB: "Elemental Subsets: The Building Blocks of Regression". 1997.
2. Mayo MS, Paramithiotis E, and Cooper MD: "B Lymphocyte Migration to the Bone Marrow of Humans is Not Random". 1999.
3. Mayo MS and Conerly MD: "Evaluating Overall Significance Levels in Multi-Factor ANOVA". 1999.
4. Mayo MS and Buchsbaum DJ: "A Robust Summarize-Regress Procedure for Tissue Specific Pharmacokinetics". 2000.
5. Fabian CJ, Kimler BF, Zalles CM, Klemp JR, Kamel S, Zeiger S, and Mayo MS: "Short-Term Breast Cancer Prediction by Random Periareolar Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology and the Gail Risk Model". 2000.
6. Ahluwalia JS, Harris KJ, Catley D, Okuyemi KS, and Mayo MS: "Sustained-Release Bupropion for Smoking Cessation in African Americans: A Randomized Controlled Trial". 2002.
7. Donnelly JE, Hill JO, Jacobsen DJ, Potteiger J, Sullivan DK, Johnson SL, Heelan K, Hise M, Fennessey PV, Sonko B, Sharp T, Jakicic JM, Blair SN, Tran ZV, Mayo M, Gibson C, and Washburn RA: "Effects of a 16-Month Randomized Controlled Exercise Trial on Body Weight and Composition in Young, Overweight Men and Women: the Midwest Exercise Trial." 2003.
8. Mayo MS and Gajewski B: "Bayesian Sample Size Calculations in Phase II Clinical Trials Using Informative Conjugate Priors". 2004.
9. Gajewski BJ and Mayo MS: "Bayesian Sample Size Calculations in Phase II Clinical Trials Using a Mixture of Informative Priors". 2006.
10. Mayo MS, Gajewski BJ, and Morris JS: "Some Statistical Issues in Microarray Gene Expression Data". 2006.
11. Mayo MS, Mahnken J and Soong S-J: "Optimal Designs for Two-Arm, Phase II Clinical Trial Design with Multiple Constraints". 2010.
12. Mahnken JD, Wick JA, Gajewski BJ, and Mayo MS: "A Study Design with Conditional, Serially Assessed Co-primary Endpoints: An Application to a Single-Arm, Pilot Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Trial". 2010.
13. He J and Mayo MS: "Adjusted Interim Survival Analysis under Nonproportional Hazards", 2012.
14. Cox LS, Nollen NL, Mayo MS, Choi WS, Faseru B, Benowitz NL, Tyndale RF, Okuyemi KS, and Ahluwalia JS: "Bupropion for Smoking Cessation in African American Light Smokers: A Randomized Controlled Trial". 2012.
15. Donnelly JE, Washburn RA, Smith BK, Sullivan DK, Gibson C, Honas JJ, and Mayo MS: "A Randomized, Controlled, Supervised, Exercise Trial in Young Overweight Men and Women: The Midwest Exercise Trial II (MET2)". 2012.