Joseph E. Donnelly, Ed.D.
Joseph Donnelly is a nationally recognized researcher in weight loss and maintenance. Since 2000 he has received $10 million in grants from the National Institutes of Health for his research to help combat obesity in children and adults, including those with disabilities. His current projects involve more than 15,000 area children in strategies to fight obesity involving physical activity and the environment, diet, pharmaceuticals and public policy.
- Energy balance
- Child nutrition and fitness
- Obesity and chronic disease risk
- Effect of exercise on weight loss and maintenance
- Physical activity, brain function and academic achievement in children
- Exercise and Alzheimer's disease in the elderly
- Alternative delivery strategies for prevention and treatment of obesity
- Resistance training, energy balance and weight management
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Exercise Test Technologist; American Heart Association, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care