Kathryn M. Bigelow, Ph.D.
Dr. Bigelow is an Assistant Research Professor at the Juniper Gardens Children’s Project (JGCP) in the Life Span Institute, and Courtesy Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Behavioral Science at the University of Kansas. Dr. Bigelow received her Ph.D. in Developmental and Child Psychology (currently Applied Behavioral Science) at the University of Kansas, and was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the JGCP. Her research focuses early childhood language and social-emotional development and the translation of evidence-based interventions for parents, care providers, home visitors, and early intervention providers within both center-based and home-based early childhood education programs. Her work also focuses on how technology can promote engagement and enhance the implementation of evidence-based intervention.
Juniper Gardens Children's Project
444 Minnesota Avenue, Suite 300
Kansas City, KS 66101-2914
- Evidence-based interventions for promoting healthy child development and learning
- Home visiting and parenting interventions
- Promoting child communication development
- Promoting infant-toddler social-emotional development
- Technology to enhance evidence-based interventions