Debra W. Kamps, Ph.D.
Associate Director,, Juniper Gardens Children's Project
444 Minnesota Avenue, Suite 300
Kansas City, KS 66101
- Evidence-based interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders and emotional/behavioral disorders
- Positive behavior supports and classroom management intervention
- Effective instruction and cooperative learning strategies
- Peer mediated interventions to promote social-communication development
- Technology to enhance interventions for children and adults with disabilities
Debra Kamps, PhD. in 2012 was one of 6 recipients of KU's Women of the Year Awards presented by the Emily Taylor Resource Center
Dr. Debra Kamps is an outstanding research scientist whose 35-year career has benefit children with severe behavioral, emotional and developmental disabilities through the development of research-based practices for educators and other practitioners, families, individuals themselves and hence the field, the state of Kansas, and beyond. She is noted by colleagues and students as a gifted leader, leading by example, mentoring, and excelling at balancing research objectives with the demands on practitioners and research partners. Her career has been a model of research-to-practice and devoted service to the disability community.