The LSI Project Development (LSI-PD) Team facilitates the proposal process for external research funding in the broad area of human health, education, and development. LSI has a long tradition in the area of intellectual/developmental disabilities. Any individual (faculty member, staff scientist, postdoc, or administrator) with principal-investigator (PI) status who fit within the LSI mission may apply for external funding through the LSI.
We facilitate the start of this process by assisting investigators in their search for funding. Announcements about upcoming competitions, requests for applications/proposals, and other opportunities are regularly distributed from our office.
Once an investigator has identified a funding opportunity and has decided to submit a proposal, Life Span Institute Project Development provides the following direct assistance to investigators:
- Preparation of budgets and budget justifications to insure that satisfy the federal, state and/or foundation guidelines to which the proposal is being submitted
- Serve as liaison between investigators and KUCR’s Pre-Award Services and Research Compliance offices, seeking necessary approvals from KUCR/RGS (e.g., PI status, cost-sharing, salary levels, etc.) and checking on compliance issues (e.g., conflict-of-interest, human subjects, animal care, etc.)
- Ensure that the submitted proposal conforms to sponsors’ requirements for format and content
- Assemble the final application
- Submit the completed proposal (by hard copy or electronically) to the funding agency or agencies
List of Services
Associate Director of Project Development
Ashly LoBurgio Basgall
phone: 785 864 1282
phone: 785-864- 4295