NC CLC Project-Cabarrus County Schools
1. Concord HS, Concord MS, Winkler MS, and Mt. Pleasant HS will continue to develop at least three of the five CLC levels of support to address student needs through a tiered support model.
2. The schools will implement Xtreme Reading as a targeted reading program for students 2 to 5 years below grade level (CLC Level 3/RTI Tier 2).
3. Content teachers will learn and implement Content Enhancement across core content classes in a coordinated manner to support high level literacy and content acquisition at proficient and above levels (CLC Level 1/RTI Tier 1).
4. Content teachers will learn and implement Embedded Learning Strategies/ Xtreme Reading Strategies (Reading, Writing, other) across core content classes in a coordinated manner to support high level literacy and content acquisition at proficient and above levels (CLC level 2/RTI Tier 1).
5. The schools will develop capacity to sustain CLC sites through the development of SIM professional developers who may become CLC Leaders.
6. The schools will develop features of a Model CLC/RTI Demonstration Site.
7. Each school will collaborate with the KUCRL site leader and the NC DPI team to plan for or develop an effective and active Literacy Leadership Team (LLT). The LLT will facilitate activities that guide and enhance the implementation of each level of the CLC, monitor progress, make data-based decisions and recommendations for curriculum alignment efforts by teachers and administrators.